The Coalition is a statewide, 501(c)(3) non-profit with one goal: to eradicate homelessness in New Jersey. Toward that end, the Coalition will advocate, educate, organize and, if necessary, litigate for emergency and permanent solutions to homelessness.
We believe in a New Jersey where no one is forced to sleep outside and where every man, woman and child lives in safe, affordable housing. The Coalition will work with its partners throughout the State until that vision becomes a reality.
Top 10 Reasons Why We Need the New Jersey Coalition to End Homelessness
1. Because thousands of men and women in New Jersey are falling through holes in the government's "safety net" and hitting the ground everyday.
2. Because there are victims of the economy who "make too much money" to qualify for emergency shelter or permanent housing
3. Because every-day people who qualify for emergency shelter or permanent housing are delayed or denied help without legal justification.
4. Because the homeless children are suffering in one of America's wealthiest states.
5. Because voters don't want their tax dollars wasted on empty "solutions", such as using taxpayer money to house the homeless in expensive hotel rooms.
6. Because state and local legislators need our collective help and expertise to address statutes and avoid waste while ending homelessness
7. Because the legal system has to work within these statutes to protect the rights of the homeless.
8. Because the public can better understand how men, women, and children are suffering through homelessness in New Jersey every day and every night
9. Because a Coalition (unlike an individual or one group) can give a statewide voice to the homeless.
10. Because we must: knowing how lucky we are to have a place to live impels us to stand up for those who do not.